View Single Post
      05-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #1164
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Not meant for cruelty, I was just making an observation based on what I know and I've seen.

Here I see people in their 700 dollar shoes complaining about the price of food, and how their rent keeps going up. I've tried to understand this but...

I was in a cars and coffee sitting next to a table to some Ferrari blokes who kept talking about some parts for their cars. I couldn't stop laughing because the girls in the table were openly googling their worth.

I know this all seems hypocritical coming from me, you probably think my biggest worry in the world is how to spend the money the hubby makes but when we started our lives together, we had absolutely nothing. Our flat was tiny, we made extra payments for it to get ahead, we learned how to renovate, my interest in restorations and antiques was born from the sheer need for cheap stuff.

Sure, now we are all grown up. He's made great leaps in his career, my dead daddy didn't hurt us financially, but we both know we made it all together. He doesn't bitch about me bringing home extra mouths to feed and I don't mind him taking off for weeks for work.

I still keep a tight watch over money, I consider spending it on stuff stupid, and the finer things in life for me is time. I get to cook with the kids, roll on a couch reading a book in my yoga pants and I don't have to think for one second my world would collapse if he dumped me tomorrow.
Look I'm not rich. My family does great. I live in a house that's paid for. I dont have a mortgage. I'm saving up for a house I have no idea where I want to live. I dont want to rent. I've been hit with a lot of set backs. Ex: Not working for nearly a year due to pregnancy and birth. Attorney fees for child custody and support have set me back $5,600 and still billing as it is not settled. Tuition for her alone sets me back $1,000 a month as well as other infant needs. I dont get help, at the same time I dont ask for it either. I pay everything myself. Child, Tuition, car, insurance, horses, etc. Its not easy as a single parent. I need a break and need to get out and if that means a date, I'll take it. I havent bought a pair of nice shoes in a year. I used to be that girl and buy $1,100.00 pair of shoes but when I got pregnant I cut that out. Things changed DRASTICALLY. I am doing better than I thought I'd be.
Appreciate 0