09-15-2015, 09:11 PM   #84
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Your first question is better suited in the politics sub forum.

On your second question, the use of monument to me is incorrect. Ground zero is a grave site of which the two water falls and the museum serve as markers to tell the story of those that died there. To call it a monument condones the behavior I found totally distasteful in my first post in this thread. This goes for the other two crash sites at the Pentagon and Shanksville.

A friend of mine recounted his experience when he visited Pearl Harbor and the boat ride out to the Arizona. He was riding with a bunch of foreign tourists. At the site they were carrying on, laughing, talking loudly...just plain disrepectful of the sailors that died there. He couldn't hold back any longer and told them to shut up.

This is the reason why I don't think many people will really comprehend the meaning behind "never forget" and 9/11.
When i visited the 9/11 memorial you could hear every drop of water and nothing else. No talking, no laughing, etc... It was solemn for sure.

For me, it was a lot to take in, i didn't know anything about the memorial before visiting. My family entered and almost immediately split up without a word. I spent at least the next 30 min slowly walking down two sides of the memorial reading names and trying to wrap my head around what actually happened there.

After a while, i felt like i was coming to grips with the enormity of the event. As i continued to walk, i soon realized i had only experience on half site and there was a whole other memorial of equal size and magnitude holding the same meaning; also representing another huge list of innocent people who lost their lives, because of hate.