United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthbnd35
I've got a 2014 i8 that I absolutely love! It probably gets more attention than any other car I have including the 458. But I would like to do one thing even though I know it will never handle like the 458, and that's give it more power! I have had a lot of cars lately, i.e. 435 gran coupe with 4 people and my neighbors c7 stock, that could outperform me 0-60. What performance options do we have that will put our i8's in the class that they 'look' to be apart of???
If a stock 435 GC with four people beat you to 60 then either your car is broken or you're doing something terribly wrong on launches. Honestly, that should never happen. The C7 is another story but you should be able to beat him handily as well. On the other hand, contrary to what others have said there are a couple of shops that claim they can and have tuned the i8, but I won't get into that as I myself have been reluctant to take their word for it and be the Guinea pig, and I'm sure as hell not going to recommend anyone here be so themselves. Here are some interesting tidbits, according to one of these shops the twin-scroll turbo 3-cyl isn't exactly running a super high amount of boost, so there is some room to increase the boost presumably safely on the engine, and according to BMW themselves the electric engine in the i8 (which is basically the same as the i3) has been detuned by 40hp to help with traction in the front, apparently the extra HP would cause the front tires to spin on launches. But from my experience the traction problems the car had were due to those laughable stock run flat tires and bicycle width wheels, both of which I disposed of as soon as I got the car. Just food for thought.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0