Thread: I8 delivery-not
View Single Post
      10-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #1
Taxdr1965
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: R8

I8 delivery-not

So I went to pick up my new I8 from the dealer and we sign the papers and go through the car.

Finally time to leave and I start driving and the suspension feels sort of funny and the road noise was really loud. Much louder then I remembered from the test drive. I think maybe tires are over inflated or maybe I am not remembering correctly.

So I get in the highway which was just replaced so super smooth and every time I go over a bump or dip I hear a loud noise coming from the right rear of the car. Seems strange, so i finally pull off the highway onto a local road and now it's like a loud banging and the suspension is floaty.

Pull over and check the trunk and rear hatch , maybe it's loose or something.

I call the dealer and ask him if they road tested the car and he says yes. I then tell him something is wrong with this car as it's making loud noises. I drive it back to the dealer and at this point it's even louder like the rear end is going to fall off the car. Pull into service as they had a tech waiting.

He said let's take it for a drive. I tell him he can take it by himself in the parking lot no need for test drive because it's so loud.

He comes back and tells me the right rear strut blew and must have been defective.

I'm liked wtf. It's brand new I guess it's not the dealers fault, and he gave me a loaner and they are replacing the strut and will drive the car back to my house when fixed in a couple of days, as they said the part is available in US.

Not a great way to start on a new car. Just crossing my fingers it's not sign of future things to happen . Hopefully it was just a one time defective strut.

Never had anything like this happen on a new car.
Appreciate 0