01-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #11
D2nice
OG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 I8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePeril View Post
Just had the above message pop up as I arrived home. Says check handbook which in turn says take to service centre at earliest convenience - anyone else had this - I'd like to be able to top up myself and am puzzled as to why it needs to go back to the shop?
This started for me several months back. dealer diagnosed, topped off and capped, a week later same warning my brother helped me open the hood (it's no big deal folks!! it's just a matter of being careful) Noticed it was not topped off, but no leak either. Called dealer asked if they infect topped it off he answers yes have the tech confirm and verify work order. Tech suspects air in the line and burp caused the drop in fluid. Dealer orders new sensors, had to bring back to shop for second time pressure tested, new sensors installed etc. Later that day when I left dealership, warning pops up again!! (MotherF**r) what now? Called the dealer, they say "we can't figure it out" we'll call BMW. Currently waiting on tech support from BMW Germany. This issue only happens if i put it in sport and get on it a little, but then it disappears. Annoying
Appreciate 1