Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
Right, too many 1911's being posted now

All this modern 9mm stuff passes me by quite easily, but when you start posting photos of proper firearms that I can't have/shoot over here anymore my jealously level ramps up too many notches......

When I was over in Texas last year for a week, I managed to get some range time in for a few hours, and it was the first time since 2005 I'd been able to shoot a 1911 again
My 1911 story started with wanting to reduce my caliber collection from 9mm, .40, 5.56 to just .40 and 5.56. I went to the LGS to see what my fairly rare 9mm Stainless IMI Baby Eagle would be worth along with the intent to buy a full size .40 as i already had a compact sized G23.

With the sad news i wasn't going to get what i had seen fair market for the 9mm, i figured i'd sell it privately. So i started looking at full size .40s and came across the Kimber case. I had heard of Kimber and didn't know what all the fuss was about. Asked a sales person and he explained whey they were coveted. Money must have been burning a hole in my pocket because i was quick to decide to buy a Kimber. Sales guy must have been biased because he talked me into the Sig Scorpion 1911 for a few hundred less. Deal was done.

So i went with the intent to thin my caliber collection and ended up adding another caliber to the mix! I had let my CCP laps so i had the 3 day wait. When i went back to pick it up i must have lost my mind because when the guy said "is this all you want? Because you just cleared the BG check and waited 3 days, we can add anything you want without waiting again..." i said, sure, i'll take that HK P30 in 9mm. lol

After much research on ballistics between 9mm and .40, i ditched the .40 and kept the 9mm. .45, 5.56 and have added .300blk along with .22lr. I literally avoid the 1911 cabinet when at the range.... there is just something about them.