View Single Post
      01-15-2018, 11:15 PM   #35
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
^ Good point! Jake gets 25 mg every 12 hours though we should probably drop the dosage a bit and give once every 8 hours... Might give that a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Good suggestion. He gets 25 mg every 12 hours now. My wife and I have been discussing trying some adjustments and plan to discuss with our vet. He is also not eating well and I know Tramadol can cause an upset stomach. Our vet suggested 1/2 Pepcid pill, which we have been doing. If we cut back on Tramadol, perhaps he will eat better without even needing the Pepcid. I hate giving him all these pills but also hate the idea of not doing all we can to help him.
Good luck, Guys! Again, please do consult your vet as I am certainly not one and your dogs' cases are different than mine. I do know when I was on Tramadol it tore my stomach up. I was only on it for a week and I hated it so I just stopped taking it. What followed was 2 days of what felt like the flu, combined with depression. I remember laying in bed with 3 blankets pulled up to my neck, in multiple layers of sweat pants/thermals, shivering like I had hypothermia yet my head was on fire and sweating. That stuff is no joke and I'll never take it again. So if you do decide to alter the dosage, do talk to your vet and taper down slow if they have been on it for a while. Not sure if dogs go through the same withdrawals that people do.
Appreciate 0