View Single Post
      02-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #6
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Yes. Had mine stolen at a work conference when I was in Chicago at the Palmer Hotel. You would think this wouldn't be a problem for an upscale hotel but it was. I realized my phone was missing from my bag almost 15 minutes after last using it. Tried calling my phone. Yup went straight to voicemail. So the asshole knew what he was doing. Put a stolen flag on it with Sprint. The bastard had it up on Craig's List immediately and sold it a little less than 24 hours later for $200.

I found out about all of this when I get a call from a Sprint store in Aurora, Il about a week later. The buyer of the phone tried to activate it. The employees said they didn't think he was involved and was a victim like me. The buyer thought the phone was legit as he did check with Sprint to see if the phone was ok. The thief probably knew it would take some time for the lost/stolen flag to propagate through Sprint's systems. The employee asked if I wanted the phone back. I said of course.

I got the phone back a couple of days later. The SIM card was gone along with the micro SD card I ahd in it with pictures. Also the Spiegen case was gone.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7572.00