Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I suspect that it is all a sham for the press, so that the social service agencies can cry for more money.....
Google sees an upsurge, but it's early for conclusive figures. But if folks don't believe media, what can I say?

NBC:
"Suarez says that since the Stay at Home Order began, calls for help have shot up 20 percent.

"[If] they live in small places and the family is large, there's a bit of stress," Suarez said.

Police statistics reveal that in the city of Los Angeles, as of March 21, aggravated assault crimes, including those of domestic violence, have increased more than 4 percent."

Murf
I don't need to listen to the media. I'm out in the streets 4 nights a week, 40+ hours a work week. I can see what's going on at my station. I can also hear the radio across the county (...and being the biggest Sheriff's Dept. in the country, and having friends/partners all over the county), I know what other stations are dealing with as well. When calls for service/obs at my station go from 480-500+ a night down to 280-315 (...or calls at the busiest station in the county drop from 700-800 down to 500-ish), the proof is in the numbers. When law enforcement personnel are "bored", the proof is in the activity. You guys [speaking generally] put way too much weight into what the news reports. Like I said in a post a few days ago, this is the quietest the streets have been in my entire career.

We still have busy nights, but for people to believe that COVID has caused a spike is just incorrect.
Appreciate 3
Murf99314118.00
upstatedoc7570.00
vreihen1615596.50