Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
This will sound like a cop out but as they say the struggle is real.

I genuinely wish I wasn't such a picky fuck about (nearly) everything. My entire life I've been cursed with a hyper attention to detail. I can remember being picky about the particular damn crayons I had as a small child... I remember being picky about the fucking beachball I wanted to buy on vacation as a little kid. I can go on and on. It continues to this day. Honestly I really feel it's a burden. When I find something I'm not picky about... spirits is a good example... i love it. People will often start telling me to try this or that high-end spirit and I literally tell them I'm not interested. A true example of ignorance being bliss. It feels like such a relief to not give a damn about something for once.

On a positive note I've leveraged this hyper awareness into a career. I have used this aspect of my personality successfully during my time working in audio engineering and music production; and have continued to use it to this day while working for a high-end loudspeaker manufacturer. That's the best I can do, right?
I'm in this camp as well. My OCD/attention to detail was instilled by my father. I'm meticulous with everything. Cans in cabinets have to be facing forward, items in the fridge have to be facing outward, etc. Obviously the car, garage, work space/desk, counters, etc. all have to be clean. I too have carried my OCD into my job. I'm a Project Coordinator and 5S Champion. It's a curse to me, but a blessing for everyone else who has to go behind me or work after me.
I joke about having "table claustrophobia" because I hate a cluttered tabletop. When I go to a restaurant the first thing I do after sitting down is move everything away from me. I'll even put stuff on an adjoining table if I have to. Lol