05-27-2021, 10:32 AM   #27
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
certainly not cheap items -- and they were they subject of much ire a couple of years ago with their upgrade/recycle fiasco -- but my original sonos gear (circa 2011) has performed flawlessly for over 10 years now. i started with two play 5s, a sonos connect, and a sonos amp, and they're still at the core of my home entertainment system today (with the addition of multiple new zones/devices).

while the market may have caught up with sonos, the fact that 10-year old wireless audio continues to work as well as -- and arguably better than -- stuff being released today is pretty freaking amazing.
I agree I still have my original play3 which IMO is the best sounding sonos they made. That being said I keep it in my patio where I go to have a drink and actually listen to music. Inside the house we typically only want music for ambience and found the echo devices to work well for that since they are scattered all over the house and sound good enough at low volume for what we want... plus they are cheap.
Appreciate 0