dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnny View Post
I'm not surprised this is happening.
My previous job at a telecom company, we were micromanaged to a T. Had to be moving our mouses & call metrics kept up. Ironically, this company created more work for themselves by micromanaging their employees. They had to dedicate an entire department (off-shore because they were cheap asses) to spying on workers.
They offered at-home positions for workers on-shore, but you had to be okay with anal pretty much to get it (They demanded customers happy while imposing unrealistic sales targets).
And then those people were spied on the hardest because one screw up and they'd pull you back into the office. A lady I knew was brought back because they listened in to a private conversation she was having with her room mate, not on the phone to a customer or anything. But they listened in through the mic on her computer & she was nearly fired for a conversation that had nothing to do with the company.

But anyone who leaves and gets a taste of freedom being their own boss, they'll never go back to that. Fuck that corporate bullshit. I'd rather live in a hut with nothing than work there again.
See I'm not sure how much I would like wfh if I worked for a company. Having my own business means I work whenever I want, plus what I do is for the most part not time sensitive so I can do my work at night or do it all on one day and not the next etc.

I did partial wfh for the 2 previous companies I worked for and luckily they were pretty chill so it was fine. For one of them everyone else in my department were slow as fuck all so I would typically do extra work when I was in office and keep it to hand in on my wfh days.

I can't imagine having to wfh for a company like the one mentioned above. Unless you had some horrible commute I imagine it would be just as shit as working from the office. No thanks.

I also cannot imagine having to go back to work an office job. Honestly if the shit were to hit the fan with my business I would sell everything and go live in my RV at the Home Depot parking lot before going back to a cube.
Appreciate 1
Bunnny219.50