View Single Post
      09-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #72
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Cars are getting faster while speed limits remain the same. In Palo Alto there’s a road that is so long yet the speed limit is 25 mph; nobody goes 25mph. I don’t have an issue with cars being able to go much faster than speed limit. What I have an issue with is speed limits not keeping up with the times. I do understand that if we have unlimited speeds like the autobahn, there will be idiots who drive recklessly. Don’t know if it’s just an American mentality vs German’s or if we simply should make a DL much harder to get.
The biggest difference driving here in the states and other countries is - common courtesy. Autobahn works because the majority of people know you pass on the left slower cars on the right, if you driving miss Daisy, stay the fuck out of the far left lane. It's just done.

Not here though. Sweet Jesus it's like a fight to the death. Don't matter if someone's in the fast lane going 55 in a 75, they won't get out your way for shit.

Majority of our country can't even circumnavigate around a fucking round a bout, lol.
Appreciate 1