View Single Post
      10-15-2021, 10:26 AM   #63
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Bad stereotype. Could we please get off this soapbox already?

I know this owner personally. He's owned, in the past, multiple high performance cars that he's tracked including a 996 GT3, which he still holds as his high water mark for overall feel. His other car, currently, is an NA Miata....with a 302 Ford V8 out of a Mustang Cobra.

He notes that his Model 3 is the fastest car he's driven around Lime Rock....and second most enjoyable behind the GT3.
I truly have zero interest in how well a car races or who it beats. Irrelevant to my purchase. I do care if it's well assembled, with parts that fit and don't fly off or fail prematurely, without Home Depot parts holding underhood components in place, without an interior that takes "spartan" to an unpleasant extreme, and is reasonably easy to operate (a glovebox handle is not a bad thing)...etc. They have a wonderful set of batteries and motors, but the rest of the car doesn't meet my minimal expectations.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0