01-08-2022, 06:31 AM   #70
zilla91
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monks View Post
I found the steering under launch a tad disconcerting (rather like the Thomas' comments in the Autogefühl review).
It was exactly the same in the eDrive 40 I took out, under load the steering goes really light. Hopefully it's something they can fix with a software update.

The pricing is really frustrating because the 40 is more than enough but by the time you spec it up you may as well get the M50. Spec for spec the gap is less than 5K.

As a driving experience, it's all very familiar, it just feels like a normal car that's battery powered and the interior is solid. I was impressed with the iDrive screen - the anti reflective screen they put on actually works, it was sunny when I took the car out and I could always see it clearly and there was no blinding reflections.

You can definitely feel the weight when you chuck it round a corner, it definitely doesn't feel as nimble as something like a Model 3.

Don't really understand what any of this means but I took a photo of journey data. Can't tell if it's good or bad.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0