hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
I was playing with these modes yesterday.

The most ridiculous thing is the fake "engine sounds" pumped in to the cabin on some of the modes. They change...

For example, when you are running in "Expressive" mode, every time you press the "go pedal" you get a strum of violins and music instead of some electronic engine sound.

It's truly bizarre. You can't make this stuff up. Go try it!

I can't imagine how this stuff went down at the design team meeting. Someone thinking "People will love this. Soon all cars will do this. We can lead the way!". I can visualize others at the table, heads down, not wanting to ask "Why?". A real "Emporer has no clothes" vibe...

Anyway, it's pretty ridiculous (maybe even somewhat irritating). Try it (once) and then never do it again...
They are unusual sounds for a car, for sure, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call them irritating. I have never been a fan of BMWs active sound design gimmick which pumps fake engine noise through the speakers. Why make an electric car sound like a v8?

Admittedly I have the iconic sounds off most the time but I did them on driving home in relax mode the other night. I had only that playing, no music, and it wasn’t an entirely unpleasant trip home.

Different strokes for different folks ;-)
Appreciate 2
JonoNZ685.50
Paladin15641.50