View Single Post
      02-09-2023, 04:15 PM   #9
luckydawg9
Rep
Drives: iX M60

I've driven my iX M60 for a few months now.

Driving around town (Atlanta suburbs, chilly but not freezing) in sport mode (and enjoying it) I'm getting 2.2 miles/kwh; with 105 Kwh usable kwh in the battery, that works out to a range of 230 miles or so. I don't know the technical details, but the car feels tighter, quicker, and handles better in sport mode.

If the car is in personal mode (still fun to drive, but less fun than sport mode), I'm getting 2.7 miles/kwh around town which works out to 283 miles or so.

I haven't yet measured consumption in efficient mode on a longer road trip; might get better range, though with cruise control set to 75 not sure. Not going less than 75 on interstate in the southeast!

Super off peak charging in Georgia is very cheap, so it is sport mode for me when driving around town. I would like to set sport mode to default, but seems not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

I am waiting for the stop sale on an M60 to clear. Coming from a 2022 M4. I drive that in sport or sport plus mode (as I did with the two M cars I had before this one).

How much a range hit is there by putting the M60 into sport mode? As I understand it, sport mode increases horsepower from 532 to 610. In an ICE car, that would be noticeable. Is it that noticeable in the M60 given that the torque stays the same?

My wife has an i4 M50 and I will say that I do not set the drivetrain to sport in that car (just the suspension and steering).
Appreciate 4
falconey483.00
moesess34607.00
Paladin15643.00