View Single Post
      07-14-2023, 08:10 AM   #66
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by echelone View Post
Slightly off topic - does the 24 model still not include the hands free tailgate option? I don't see this feature in the US website.
I'm fairly certain you have this feature included in all 2024 model year iXs. I just picked up a new X3 for a friend on a P1 order and it was included. Can't imagine you wouldn't get it in the iX at 2x the cost of the X3! It wasn't on the X3 window sticker mentioned either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateMoneyShifter View Post
CaboM4: Did you have to pay the dealership to flash the relevant ISTA version?

Mine mentioned that it would cost ~$350 to do so. Sounds pretty steep to me, considering we only got ~$200 credit for the delete.
No, I had the attached "owe" from corporate. I received the cost of the module reimbursed finally and the retrofit programming at no cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Do you need to pay the dealer, or could you nominally do it yourself? Curious if the dealers have any special access that you couldn't get by paying BMW (https://bmwtechinfo.bmwgroup.com/#/login) for 24 hour access to their tools? Though I'd expect the adapter to connect the car would cost more if you only used it once.
Yes, this vehicle is a victim of Coding 2.0 whereby all the CAFDs live in the BMW Back-end cloud and NCD signing is done in a new and different manner, also signed by certificates on the Back-end cloud.

For now, coding on late-model BMWs is dead in the water. However, if we had access to the tools, it would be a 30 second job!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Handsfree Tailgate Owe.pdf (33.6 KB, 61 views)
Appreciate 1