View Single Post
      10-17-2023, 11:46 AM   #16
mnx5er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWEVGuy View Post
mnx5er Preconditioning the car is very important so that battery is warm for your drive and does not starts depleting from State of Charge as soon as you start your ride.

Also, please keep your car in your garage, it is better than leaving it outside in the open.

Hope you got Radiant heating package, use that along with steering heat and may be some warm clothes (like a sweater or jacket). That way you can keep your HVAC heating to a low levels or may not require it at all. --> Salesman at BMW dealership told me about this trick. A current owner can perhaps corroborate this one.

Besides this drive at a lower speed without accelerating much.

Lastly you should be thankful you are not a EQS SUV or Sedan owner. It does not have a heat pump so the owners in cold climate will have a lot of fun (or frustration)
Thanks, I keep it in the garage but do not have the radiant heat option. Preconditioning makes total sense and is easy to do.

No desire to run the temp cooler in the car, not at $96K. I like my creature comforts and at times wonder if the X5 50e is the better solution.
Appreciate 0