View Single Post
      10-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #4
oem.plus_440gc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i XDrive GC

Garage List
Just to give some data for you. Bought my wifes 2015 X5 35i xDrive in October 2020 with about 54,000 miles on it. Just rolled over 108,000 miles last weekend. So we've put on about 54,000 miles in the past 3 years and have had the following repairs:

-Blower motor for heat/AC died. Was about $800 to replace at a local indy mechanic
-Drivers seat control switch died. Was about $300 part and took me 5 minutes to replace. This control also knocked out steering wheel movement control since it must be linked to the memory function in the control panel.
-Oil filter housing gasket/oil cooler gasket started leaking coolant rather quickly. Ended up being about $1,100 repair at the dealership (would have been much more $ but I get a discount with my dealership).

So all in, just over $2,000 in repairs for 55k miles over 3 years. I'd consider that fairly reliable. The oil pan is apparently leaking as well, but i have yet to find any stains on my driveway and it takes less than 1 quart of topping off between oil changes, so i'm letting that go for now.

Gonna need new brakes soon. I'll either do that myself or bring to an indy. Got new tires (the runflats that it came with were nothing but problems) shortly after we purchased for about $800 installed at pep boys with a sale they had.

Since the X5 is old enough with enough miles, we also purchased the 3 year oil change package from BMW for either $150 or $200 (i forget at this point), but we use the F15 quite alot so we've had i believe 5 oil changes for that price already and still will have another 1 or 2 covered.

All in all, extremely happy with our X5. I don't think i'd be able to find a reasonably priced replacement for it right now so we're going to end up putting a few bucks into maintaining/repairing it and keep it on the road.
Current: 2019 440i xDrive Gran Coupe - Alpine White, Coral Red Dakota Leather, 8AT, MSport, THP, BM3; 2015 X5 35i xDrive - Mineral White Metallic, Mocha Dakota Leather; Previous: 2015 Subaru WRX - World Rally Blue, Premium, FBO+Tune
Appreciate 0