02-15-2024, 08:29 PM   #484
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Cannot be said enough. People say that abs are made in the kitchen, but actually your entire physique is made there. Don't look at it as a diet, diets end. It's all about lifestyle choices.

The hardest part about going to the gym is actually going. Once I'm there, it's game on.

Late 30s, 4 slipped discs and an annular tear but with consistency and despite some setbacks I've managed to cut my bodyfat by 10% and I'm stronger than I've ever been in my 20s working in the trades.
Well said my friend. I'm 53. I remember 10yrs ago tearing my rotator cuff in my dominant right arm plus arthritis build up from years of lifting. Then electing not to have surgery. I was instructed not to lift weights by my sports doctor and PCP for at least 9 months if i wanted to heal and recover properly. During that time, I lost @ 25lbs of muscle and put on @ 30lbs of fat and water weight. Although I regained full motion and use of my right arm through therapy, cortisone and plasms injections, my journey took 2yrs to get myself back into the shape I was used to. Aging and slow metabolism is a "undefeated titan". LOL!
Appreciate 2
xander_g1019.50
chassis6690.50