Rep
Drives: M3, X7, iX

Garage List
24 BMW iXM60  [10.00]
24 BMW M3  [9.77]
24 BMW X7  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortexiphan View Post
No it's not. This is an extremely ridiculous statement. Complete misunderstanding of what a 'class' of vehicle means.
I had to dig this up to admit that I was wrong. I drove the new model S and model 3 back-to-back with the i4M50 and iXM60. There is no comparison in comfort, ride quality, interior quality, and features. I should have known better since I’ve owned the model 3 perf gen 1 and model Y LR. I was placing too much emphasis on the performance stats in lieu of the overall value proposition.

The iXM60 is a brilliant vehicle. There are certain elements that pleasantly surprised me beyond the obvious: integral active steering, adaptive regen, the eclipsing roof with full heat rejection, and Bowers & Wilkins in addition to similar straight line acceleration stats.

If you live in a warm climate like I do, the Tesla roof even with a shade allows a significant amount of heat through. The removal of stalks is extremely aggravating in practice. The seats are uncomfortable. (Caveat: I didn’t get to experience the new sports seats.)

To be fair, Tesla has the advantage currently in efficiency and performance and weight. But it really is an economy car inside - even in the X and refreshed 3 and S.
Appreciate 2
Ossian99.00