View Single Post
      05-05-2024, 02:09 PM   #39
SteVTEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I don't remember the post but for me there are 2 SHTF scenarios.

SHTF #1 = Financially I can only afford 1 car. In that case my Model 3 is the most enjoyable car 90% of the time. In that case I would imagine I would also just be living here in FL and I don't really go anywhere that my Model 3 can't go on a normal charge. I LOVE never having to go to the gas station and I personally love all the tech. Lots of traffic and straight roads so acceleration and torque is everything. Low to zero maintenance to worry about also.

SHTF #2 = End of the world zombie apocalypse shit I would take my F350 no question. Reasons should be obvious. That being said I'm not the type who gets all excited about end of the world scenarios. Frankly I rather the bombs land on my head than live like in the walking dead.
Yeah I figured just different definitions of SHTF. I was thinking more along the lines of #2, and I would be keeping my Suburban (or your F350) no question also. I was going to ask you in that big thread, but didn't have time to get to the computer for a few days, and it was so far back I just gave up.

I must be one of the rare and weird people out there that fully understands every last negative aspect of EV's including even various agendas for them out in the world, yet at the end of the day can still objectively consider one based on merit.