View Single Post
      07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #233
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

I mentioned Kobe only from the "Kobe vs Lebron" stuff I saw on TV this year and also I think someone mentioned they would root for the Lakers over Miami now.

Yeah, it sucks he did this national charade in front of everyone. He probably doesn't realize it yet but he has sacrificed his legacy somewhat. Unless he wins more rings than Kobe or Jordon (unlikely) he's given up his spot to be compared to them. My guess is he'll win one or two, then be remembered as one of the great players, but not one of the greatest. He will eventually realize that if he brought one championship to Cleveland there would be 50 foot stone statues being built downtown in his likeness and people would tell their grandchildren about him. He chose to leave his chance to leave that kind of legacy which like I said, disappoints me, but am not going to hate on him for it.

Sorry it's been a long day and I'm really tired so I'm having some trouble putting my argument together. I meant put Cleveland back on the map in the sports world. of course everyone knows where Cleveland is.

I've been there through it all with you guys, but the majority of the fans I know fully expected a Cavs championship being the route to vindication of Cleveland sports in general after years of mediocrity and disappointment and almost wins on all fronts. To have put that on one players shoulders was unfair in my opinion.

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0