View Single Post
      11-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #10
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

The science behind sweating is really cool...primate mammals are the only mammals that sweat all over their body...

I heard a TED Talk the other day having something to do with sweating. Think about this: human beings, relative to other mammals, are extremely inferior...we aren't fast, agile, big, strong, efficient...we're injury prone, weather falls down to 20 degrees Fahrenheit and we catch a cold...but what do we have that other mammals (except other primates) don't have? The ability to run long distances AND be able to regulate internal body temperature while doing it...other mammals need to stop and pant (or other methods) to regulate body temperature...

I think sweating is important...it's natural. Sweating can help cleanse our body, and promote the release of endorphins (feel good hormones that reduce our perception of pain).

Also, if you're lifting, it's not bro science, it's science: lifting when your body is warmed up reduces risk for injury, and builds confidence so you're able to lift heavy and frequently...

Personally, right before my workout (30-45 mins) I consume some caffeine, eat carbs with high glycemic index (which will cause a spike in blood sugar and consequently get blood flowing throughout the body), and do a bit of warm-up/cardio work...I'll usually wear pants and full-sleeve shirt while working out to keep my body temperature high...
Appreciate 1