MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kilted Canuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolarBear View Post
Really for the LCI, you're not paying much more really for them and there isn't a price premium really - essentially the LCI upgrades are free, they're just consistent with the age and mileage given the pricing. That is to say, an October 18 pre-LCI is very similarly priced to a November/December 18 LCI of the same mileage. That makes the LCI pretty good value for the same mileage/age!

If I were deciding it would have to be a pre March 17 model or a November 18 onwards LCI, but not much inbetween, as the inbetween models have full tax and no LCI extras, the worst of both worlds. I don't understand why April 17 -> October 18 models aren't cheaper, but they seem to be relatively linear regardless of the fact they are not LCI.
Thanks for this! I know the road tax change is trivial in the grand scheme of things, but my point was more on what you picked up about the mid 2017-2018 models...why would I pay the extra tax and cost and not get the LCI changes?

On another note, where'd you get the 117 LCI coupes figure? Makes my decision easier if true as not much stock to pick from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxsirrah View Post
My 3 year service pack included the brake fluid change. Academic though really as its now expired lol, i will be paying for my services from now on!

In response to the OP, I'd say that you seem to have picked up all of the changes that I'm aware of on the LCI, it is a little bit better in a few ways, mostly the battery life and infotainment updates. The question is really how much in your mind it is worth paying for these. The extra road tax costs and fuel cost savings will pale in comparison to the extra depreciation costs you will suffer for a newer car vs an older one. So for best VfM buy a pre-april 2017 with a BMW warranty (or budget add one on yourself), a newer model will likely cost you £5k + a year more in depreciation.
The one I am looking at specifically has been on the market a while, so the amount more I'd be paying is largely offset by the better finance rates (/bmw warranty/service plan).
There's an i8 Facebook group where a lady in the UK is writing a book and collating figures. I believe it's just called "BMW i8" (group).
Appreciate 0