View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #885
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartbreakerF80 View Post
Yeah, no. I’ve driven a G M340i and it is nowhere near my M3. The overall stiffness and responsiveness. The body roll. The power band. Two drastically different cars. Above all, the feeling is different. Steering is disconnected in the 40i and you can’t hear much outside the cabin. Which a lot of people like! And I understand that! But to say the M340i is anywhere near an M3 CS, Competition, or even a base, is insane.
My dealer called me to offer “a deal”, basically a pull ahead on my 2018 M3 and put me in a M340. As I stated before, I have tested the M340 and thought it was a nice vehicle. I also stated that this would be my last M not because I am not enjoying it (love every minute in it) but because I am not using it the way it is meant to be driven. It is begging to be pushed.
So, I’ve had the M340 for two days. Got to know it well and push it. Corner it. Do the city, hwy, slow, fast, etc. still think it is a great car, very fast and capable, big improvement over my previous F30 335i MSport, however...those that compare it to the F80 need to wake up. Not even close. Sound, rawness, handling, playfulness, controlled looseness, and so much more. Totally different character. They may be similarly fast, by that is where it ends...
Appreciate 0