View Single Post
      04-10-2020, 07:21 AM   #9
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1jen View Post
Need a car pretty quick and I'm shopping between the two. Both are around the same price and around the same miles (90k). Due to the coronavirus happenings and the fact the cars are 6 hours apart, I can't test drive both.

BMW Pros
- Silky smooth inline 6
- Great sounding engine
- Good looks, laguna blue paint is fantastic
- More comfortable

Fiesta ST Pros
- Probably more fun
- Lower running costs
- Way better mpg
- Recaro seats baby

My biggest hang up right now is that the 128i 6MT is just going to feel like a 230hp meh machine with a stick. I want something that's going to be a little fun on my daily commute. Do people consider the 1-series a FUN car to drive or is it more of a collection of things?

Hope this all makes sense. Either way, have to buy one or the other tomorrow.
128i is detuned from the factory but you can convert it easily to 330i+ specs and the car wakes up. Don't look at hp only. This is a light short wheebase car with the lightest I6 produced that is very robust. The car will last 300k mi if properly maintained. The interior layout and the feel of controls is superior to st.

ST's interior is a no go for me. It feels cheap and chintzy no matter the seats (you can put Recaros in 128). It is probably more economical to own but not sure if it as durable as 128.

I think 128i is a gem that will deliver smiles over the long term. It's like a girl that you want to have fun with for 2-3 mo vs the one that you start thinking about ltr.

GL
Appreciate 1