Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aye-eight
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbmess View Post
I looked at an i8 on Friday and they only had leases on the 2015s unless I wasn't being told the truth because they want to get rid of the old inventory.

I really enjoyed driving it but I'm scared to pull the trigger because it appears that they can't give them away now.
That's a self-fulfilling prophecy, right there. Everyone is scared over resale value, hence they don't by, hence everyone is even more scared over resale value. Duh! Get over it and enjoy the darn thing.

Or go and buy a Camry - there, the loss of value is already built into the driving experience and the overall appeal from day one. No surprises.
But can they still be leased?

My m6 for example- if it were a 2015 model- I would only be able to lease it based off a dollar based program- not residual which turns out to be just as much as a finance. But all 2016 models have residual programs.

Seeing how there are a bunch of 2015 models left- I would assume that they are still available with a residual program. And if so- I'd rather take a 2015 model discount down to the 120s range- than a 2016 at msrp, get what I'm saying?