View Single Post
      02-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #1044
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
That was my first squat program after getting serious about weightlifting/olympic lifting. So it went through the roof. Went from about 245 to 305 on BS and from 205 to 265 on FS. And I didn't do his crazy mile long lunges every workout either I can only imagine if I had.

Yeah Chris Moore got me into that podcast, he added great depth and comedic relief. One of my favorite episodes was about the marathon runner from Britain that ran 47 marathons in 47 days with a refrigerator strapped to his back and had a broken leg the whole time. All in order to raise money for cancer. True grit.
Nice gains! I did it for 94 days in a row. Only taking some rest days here and there as I needed time for recovery as I was 44 at the time. But I will say my gains were huge....went from 1rm of 365 to 1rm at 425. FS from 275 to 345! Pretty good for 5’10 180 (at tht time). And I did all the lunging! It was miserable!!!! Haaa.

I will say that I developed a bit of hip and knee pain from all the heavy volume. Even with Mark Bells STrong sleeves. So I decided to stop. But I was happy with the gains. I am still in the 400 club as of today for BS and 315 FS, at 185 bw...so it hasn’t fallen off much. Cory Gregory is an animal for doing it as long as he did!!!! My knee and hip pain went away after I stopped, thankfully.

Chris Moore wrote a few books also, good reads. I remember that Marathon guy pod cast....truly amazing and not human!!!
Appreciate 2