View Single Post
      02-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #1045
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Nice gains! I did it for 94 days in a row. Only taking some rest days here and there as I needed time for recovery as I was 44 at the time. But I will say my gains were huge....went from 1rm of 365 to 1rm at 425. FS from 275 to 345! Pretty good for 5’10 180 (at tht time). And I did all the lunging! It was miserable!!!! Haaa.

I will say that I developed a bit of hip and knee pain from all the heavy volume. Even with Mark Bells STrong sleeves. So I decided to stop. But I was happy with the gains. I am still in the 400 club as of today for BS and 315 FS, at 185 bw...so it hasn’t fallen off much. Cory Gregory is an animal for doing it as long as he did!!!! My knee and hip pain went away after I stopped, thankfully.

Chris Moore wrote a few books also, good reads. I remember that Marathon guy pod cast....truly amazing and not human!!!
94 days... unreal lol. After a while I just got used to the soreness. I was in college at the time so I was working out at the gym on campus. I remember after a few weeks some dudes came up to me and said "Do you do anything besides squatting?". Wow, you got some serious results though. My BS now is 355 (stagnate ) and my front squat is 315. Sitting at about 196 right now, dropped from the christmas fluffiness at 205.
Appreciate 1