04-13-2020, 05:40 PM   #410
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Well, I'm glad your daughter and I can give your generation some hope.

My grandpa still calls me a "damn millennial" even though I was born in 97'. Cracks me up. I tried to talk to him about the market yesterday and he stares me down and says three words "stick to school." Haha, love my grandpa.

But in all honestly, I think this is the best time for people like myself to learn, I mean everything is cyclical over time. I'd rather be apart of this debacle and gain some valuable insight. Even if that means losing a few bucks in the process.

Is your daughter investing also? Or just analyzing? Cool to see a young chick interested in the markets.
She's investing...but through her retirement to start. She graduated Clemson with a Bachelor's in Nursing, and the hospital she's working for matches her contribution up to 7%.

She was going to start graduate school this fall....but we don't know what all will be going on then. But her job is paying for it if she keeps her grades up, and she will still have a position there although her hours will be reduced. Basically the 12 weekend shifts she had during school.

But her husband is in pharmaceuticals, and his job matches his contributions up to 5%.

They just got married last summer, and both are maxing out their 401k's.

But they are very active in the dynamics of it all. So they got to see a few months of what the market could do early on, and now seeing the downsides of it.

But they have taken from this that they have years to go....so they aren't flinching.