View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 11:27 AM   #114
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I was thinking the other day that my pet peeve is "People". Unfortunately, a good number are assholes, and my life is worse off for it. Let me explain.

I'm one of those people who will wait patiently in the correct lane to turn at the upcoming intersection. I'm also one of those people those get thoroughly pissed off with the monumental assholes who sail down the wrong lane and just expect to push in. But they do it. In droves. And it really fucks me off. But the end result?

They get where they're going faster than I do, they don't give a fuck, and they're happy.

I get there slower than they do. I'm pissed off and angry.

Thing is, these same assholes wouldn't do it in a bank or supermarket where you could reach out and smack them upside the jaw. No - they don't do it with the protection of their car knowing you can't do shit. And yet they probably consider themselves good people too.

Rant over
Duuuuude! I deal with the same shit! I try to adhere to the rules (wasn't always the case) but I try to be responsible and considerate of other people; which in turn pisses me off because no one else gives the same consideration.

I come in to work yesterday morning to find that someone had broken the arm rest on my office chair over the weekend. #1 No one should have any need to be at my desk. #2 If they are or need to be, put shit back where it came from when finished. So, someone went through my pen cup, took all my good pens, left the cheap pens they didn't want laying on my desk and broke my chair. My office chair came from home and was my fathers office chair before he died, so it had sentimental value to it. Work is replacing the chair but that isn't the point; it's principal! No note, no one came by to say it was an accident or apologize. What they did do is position back in place to where it fell apart when I sat down in it.

To go a step further, the manager approved the purchase of another office chair and left it at that. When I was in management, we found out who destroyed whatever the item was/is and held them accountable for destruction of company property or made them replace whatever they ruined if it belonged to another employee. Nothing said to anyone, nothing done whatsoever; in fact, he acted like it was a pain in his ass to hit the "approve" button in our system when I sent the PO to him. Regardless, I have new chair for my ass to sit in, problematic situation averted, but still, no accountability so the mentality will continue. This is the problem. Let them get away with it and they continue to do it, if you attempt to do something about it then YOU are the asshole.

It amazes me at how so many people, have such little regard for anyone but themselves.
Appreciate 4
dinonz3216.00
Rmtt8211.00
vreihen1615277.00
MKSixer34184.50