View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 07:11 AM   #127
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This right here. There is so much stuff that goes on where I work, and they do not hold anyone accountable. And half the crap they do my guys are responsible for having to fix.

I even started keeping a spreadsheet of stupid shit that people have done to destroy equipment that I present at monthly management meetings. It lists the equipment, ID tag, reason of premature failure, and what it cost.

YTD we are at $67K for stuff that could have been completely avoided. President then says we have to start holding people accountable, the facility manager agrees, then does nothing about it. So ultimately it's the Company President's fault for not following up with the manager.

Meanwhile I want to grab any of the guys doing this shit and squeeze them by the neck until they almost go unconscious...and whisper to them as they are slowly passing out....This is why your bonus you complained about sucked so much last year!!!!
I did something similar at a company that I worked a few years ago. I kept up with every penny that I saved the company in comparison to what they asked me spend, hoping this would help better my position all while demonstrating what my capabilities are. After a year of this, I presented it to the plant manager who laughed, then got upset with me over it. He explained that he wasn't paying me to undermine him. He then yelled at me and told me to go do my job.

Things are so backward at the company that I work for, that I don't even try anymore here. I do exactly what they ask for and nothing else as any additional effort only gets looked over or frowned upon. It's a shame when you have good employees that legitimately care but get no recognition.

Our current plant manager has Napoleon Syndrome so badly that it's pathetic. Has poor personal hygiene, missing 90% of his teeth, his breath would gag a maggot and far too busy explaining why he is right & how our problems or issues are insignificant, compared to other companies that he has worked for, to even act as if he is concerned with what you have brought to him.

My work ethics and attention to detail were instilled to me by my father at an early age. It truly saddens me that we have entered an age where we reward lackluster job performance and celebrate complacency. I feel like everything I have worked my ass for was for nothing, while those who do little to nothing, or even worse cost the company money, are considered valued employees. Frustrating to say the least.
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15761.00
vreihen1615277.00
MKSixer34184.50
Rmtt8211.00