Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I did something similar at a company that I worked a few years ago. I kept up with every penny that I saved the company in comparison to what they asked me spend, hoping this would help better my position all while demonstrating what my capabilities are. After a year of this, I presented it to the plant manager who laughed, then got upset with me over it. He explained that he wasn't paying me to undermine him. He then yelled at me and told me to go do my job.

Things are so backward at the company that I work for, that I don't even try anymore here. I do exactly what they ask for and nothing else as any additional effort only gets looked over or frowned upon. It's a shame when you have good employees that legitimately care but get no recognition.

Our current plant manager has Napoleon Syndrome so badly that it's pathetic. Has poor personal hygiene, missing 90% of his teeth, his breath would gag a maggot and far too busy explaining why he is right & how our problems or issues are insignificant, compared to other companies that he has worked for, to even act as if he is concerned with what you have brought to him.

My work ethics and attention to detail were instilled to me by my father at an early age. It truly saddens me that we have entered an age where we reward lackluster job performance and celebrate complacency. I feel like everything I have worked my ass for was for nothing, while those who do little to nothing, or even worse cost the company money, are considered valued employees. Frustrating to say the least.
what a great boss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I've encountered this many times even though my career is in it's early stages being 29 years old. My theory is that others are threatened by someone who is a leader, or someone who is better at something than they (the people in leadership roles) are. Instead of surrounding themselves with good people who get things done, they promote less threatening individuals.

I run a project team, and I want the best individuals I can get on my team so we are successful. That is how we can accomplish tasks efficiently.
Honestly that happens even before you get on with the professional life. We run the entrepreneurship club on campus, we're fairly big in terms of our mailing list (~2500 people), and our budgets are pretty hefty too. We're definitely doing more stuff than a typical "college club".

Last year we replaced our exec board, to which I was instated in it along with some other guys, and we needed to find someone to run the marketing team. Now these people are really, really the epitome of the typical "gen z milennial" aka you need to sugar coat everything and whatnot. There was a guy to run it, but the board almost unilaterally said no because he was too tough.

Ended up "having" to give that position to him, took a few weeks until the current board to start discussing how much of a bad leader this guy was basically because he wasn't blowing the team members to get work out of them - he ended up quitting after the exec board decided to "split his team" and basically assigned a position to him that allowed him to do nothing, he was a great guy. Definitely a loss for us but I guess making sure people who don't do shit stay in their positions are more valuable than a guy who will get shit done...
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8211.00