Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
I wish they could figure out how to integrate the display into the dash. I'm sick of companies just "gluing" it infront of the dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Oh they can. The designers just do this because they feel it looks more Teckky when you have floating display panels vs the traditional way.
On the contrary, I don't understand why we need the integrated dash or cockpit look.

The traditional dash was designed that way out of necessity, to hide the thick analog gauges and all the wires.

Now, we just need a thin computer touch screen.
Similar to why we need a grill for EV, why do we need an integrated dash for a computer screen? I never wanted my computer screen at home to be "integrated" into anything, why should we want it on our car?

Especially now we can move the HVAC components from the cabin to the front, we should explore new designs and not be nostalgic about the traditional look which no longer serves its purpose.
It's a car not a desktop but rest assured there's a sincere desire to turn it into a mobile living room where you to can get bombarded with ads while you catch up on your favorite series or download the latest engine sound.

All in the name of progress. <sarcasm>

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
JMU_BMW152.50