Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Is the Jaguar fun enough to drive over the 440ci? I didn’t find it particularly fun - even the SVR. Too numb, imprecise steering, damping too much on the soft side...actually has the same problems that i find in a 4-series. But it looks sexy and makes a great noise, so maybe that’s enough of a change for you.

The i8 is something i don’t think I’ll ever get. It’s not high performance, isn’t visceral, isn’t a supercar, is cramped and impractical, doesn’t make a nice sound or make you feel good when driving it hard. Maybe if you like the looks, but i think it looks terrible. The best i can come up with is that BMW made a concept car in the 2000’s to show its future direction/tech....and then decided to put it into production. Fair enough, but the entire package isn’t compelling to me at all.

If you’re going over the budget, I would just go Cayman, since that seems to be tailor made for most of your requirements.

But the best outcome for you is to have her get the car you were originally going to get (the Alfa QF) and then get another grail car - you get two cars you want instead of one! I assume she lets you drive her cars...?
So couple of responses:

1. The decision is about 50/50 looks and performance
2. She enjoys cars that have decent handling and acceleration
3. She is not super into cars like we are
4. I rarely drive her car, maybe 3-4 times a year