View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
With your last comment, do you expect someone who has grown up in the age of GMO implementation has no chance of reaching the same extended life that someone who is at 110+ currently? Do you feel that the only way this will continue to be achieved is if we consume natural goods? Just curious, like to hear the other side of the spectrum.
Yes that is exactly what I believe. If you look at some of the studies done on these crops they can cause a variety of health problems. Independent studies show rats fed gmo foods did not live as long as rats fed an organic diet, this was true even for gm crops that weren't sprayed with pesticides or herbicides. Don't feed your kids GMO's it just isn't worth the risk.

Glyphosate the main ingredient found in most pesticides is also very harmful for obvious reasons. Glyphosate kills the probiotics in your gut, which can lead to digestion problems. These toxins will form free radicals in the body, eventually leading to cancer. Look at the effects of agent orange (created by Monsanto) in the Vietnam war, this is one of the herbicides being used today in your food. This stuff isn't just in your produce either almost all processed food has genetically modified ingredients.

Bee populations have already declined significantly since we started using genetic modification.
Appreciate 0