View Single Post
      10-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #27
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
I just want to put it out there that that the studies that claim GMOs are harmful were pretty bogus. The scientific consensus is that GMOs are safe to eat, but the long term health effects are still up in the air. It's like the American general public is part of an extended clinical study.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentin...y-sustainable/

That said, I feel this isn't mainly about the safety of GMOs. I believe that it's a very useful technology if used responsibly. I'm sure I don't need to explain how Monsanto isn't the best ambassador for GMOs. Don't hate the technology. Hate the corporations and policy.
You say the studies that show they are harmful are bogus, but what other studies are there? The FDA and Monsanto haven't done any studies testing the safety of these foods and all of the independent studies show the same results. We are human beings not lab rats, and we don't need to play god with our food.

Also what purpose do GMO's have other than pesticide or herbicide resistance. GMO's have nothing to offer to the consumer that can't be achieved through organic farming. Why take the risk for no gain.
Appreciate 0