07-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #17
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Tonight I did elyptical and while the calorie count between machine and FB were pretty close, both the machine and my fingers had my pulse at right around 150 after 30 minutes, the FB never went over 115.

45 minutes swimming I only cover 1000 yards, assuming pool is 25 long. I stop about every lap to breathe and get the condensation out of my goggles.

One other drawback with all the water is the profuse sweating. Wife is about to ban me from house for 30 minutes after exercise
I hate telling people with Fitbit HR products this, but they aren't very accurate for HR. The only really accurate way to get HR readings is with a chest strap. It pisses me off that companies advertise their wrist based HR products as accurate or even helpful.

1000 yds is nothing to sneeze at with regards to swimming. Good job!!

That's no draw back. Your body will resort to processing what it views as poison that it normally processes though your liver and kidneys through sweat. Sweating during exercise is great. A sign of good health and hydration. Just keep refiling the tank. Your body will adjust to the new hydration levels.

You'll soon find that you can feel when you're dehydrated. Some days i'll start feeling bad around lunch, maybe get a headache, or just feel a little run down. Then i'll realize i rushed out of the house without my first 20oz jumpstart of water.

I was talking to my mother about this yesterday as she is also seeing my wife's nutritionist. She was surprised that the nutritionist told her she only needed to drink 55oz to 60oz of water each day. I told her to ask her about the days she does any exercise. Her response was, the 55oz to 60oz of water each day was if she were sitting on the sofa watching TV all day at 72 degrees. That for every 30 min of walking, exercise, shopping, errand running, etc... that she needs to add another 16oz bottle of water. Now my mother is 76 years old, so obviously her Dr's orders will be different than ours. But you get the gist.