07-21-2017, 08:04 AM   #18
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
Went to see my physio for the first time today, we had a nice chat & went through my exercise plan. I already have more movement than before the op & this is improving as the swelling reduces.
Next physio appointment is in a fortnight.
I had my ACL (ligament) in my knee replaced (also running for over 35 years and no problems related to it), wife is a nurse and I have known a number of people that have had knee replacements.

My strong recommendation would be to do exactly what is said for the rehab as the results match the effort and time spent. While I realize you didn't have it replaced, many "bad" knee replacements come from people that get it and head to the couch. They have limited strength, limited range of motion and it bothers them forever.

With my ACL replacement they pretty much said it could get back really close to 100% or it could bother me the rest of my life, my choice on following the plan. Then, another threat, if I didn't work on it and eventually get my leg straight it was possible it would never go straight. Took almost 3 years to get it to 98% but ran a 1/2 marathon recently in a far better than average time.