11-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #194
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
I'm lost on this one too...assume the new GM will can Hakstol...no? I watched the Ranger game...seemed okay to me (although, tie game until late). Guess the Leafs put the icing on the cake...
Yeah that's what upper management said, Hak's fate is in the hands of whoever the new GM is.
The Rangers game was fine but the Leafs game sounded like it was a giant dumpster fire. I didn't watch because when I went to turn it on, it was 4-0 in the 1st and a no-name fringe player for the Leafs had a hat trick already.
Last night was more of the same. Gave up in the 3rd and let a terrible Sens team get back into the game and gave up the game winning goal with 2 minutes left.

It sounds like there were 'philosophical differences' on the plan for the franchise. Hexy was inflexible and stubborn as shit. Guess he said no he wouldnt do anything one too many times.
Wouldn't can Hak for Quenneville. Didn't want to bring Carter Hart up. Didn't want to shake things up and make a trade. Didn't fix the penalty kill. Etc etc.

Everything I'm hearing from Homer is that they are looking outside the organization for the replacement. So no Dean Lombardi at least