10-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #82
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
P

The final straw is that I just don't trust the brand. As someone that works in technology; and specifically worked on ADAS and ASIL(ISO26362); the marketing hype around FSD and Auto Pilot makes me cringe. It's dangerous and dishonest.
This is also my final straw. Since late 2018, Tesla rolled out update after update, adding features and improving the vehicles. Everything from headlights, brakes, acceleration, drive modes, down to cameras, and arcade games. I can't tell you how many improvements and additions were made in 24 months. It was a LOT. Yeah, the car is kinda chintzy inside. But honestly, if you've just sat in one or gone for a few test drives, it's not enough to discover how good the car is as a PRODUCT. It works. Really, really well, It's surprisingly fun to drive. The systems make your life easier. YouTube in the car seems like a gimmick until you're waiting for your kids at soccer practice. AutoSteer / TACC seems gimmicky until you commute 30,000 miles a year in heavy traffic. It all just WORKS. So you put up with Elon's BS and the mediocre build quality because the car makes life easier. Even my wife said: "you get home a lot less grouchy in that car".

2021? NOTHING. Car wash mode and that's it. Why? FSD. The ultimate farce. Full and Self are in the name and neither is in the actual product. I've driven 35k miles on EAP and it's dangerous. Drives like a noobie. The Tesla fanbois crow about FSD and yeah, it works, kinda. But. It's supposed to make your life EASIER. It does nothing of the sort. It makes your BP rise. It's dangerous.

So yeah, once they went all in on FSD at the expense of improving the product like they had....I'm out.

Looking forward to an alternative that's 200% the car, and even 75% of the EV, for less than 150% of the price. So far, nothing. Will the i4 be that car?
Appreciate 0