View Single Post
      12-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #44
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

I'd go with Seattle then. We lived there for most of my life and when we retired we moved to a farm North of Bellingham. If a year or two in you don't like it you can get out.

Off the top of my head the three things that suck will be, the weather, the traffic, and the homeless. You will probably not be driving your M3 downtown as a daily driver unless they are providing parking. Even then the traffic. That all depends on where you live. I would recommend looking North or East (often referred to as the Eastside) or Bellevue (Swellvue) Mercer Island, Kirkland etc. We lived in Maple Leaf over twenty five years and I grew up in Bellevue. Most people get used to the weather. There really are two seasons, Summer and Rain. The homeless congregate in Seattle because the weather is so mild you can live in a tent through out the year. Washington was also one of the early adopters of legal pot so many users flocked there. They lived out of their RVs until they were impounded and ended up on the streets. Cities like Miami were actually farming them out to Seattle.
On the up side for someone young and single it has a lot of night life and like people have said it is a beautiful city. Start looking at what living costs are going to be and make sure they are paying you enough to enjoy living there.
Appreciate 0