View Single Post
      10-31-2017, 03:05 PM   #109
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Still wonder why the sharks didn't sign him. He's been a part of the community, you would think there'd be a home town discount.

I believe there's more to this story...
Well, you know how it works--they fell short again so someone has to take the fall. I think several factors: 1. probably offered him only a year and much less than the market. 2. The writing on the wall is that the Sharks are trying to move the young kids up. 3. How many years have the Sharks been a serious contender with Marleau as one of their stars and still failed.

Honestly, as good as he still is and contributed I think the chemistry had to change. It doesn't matter at some point if you have a bunch of stars yet can't win the big prize--things have to shake up. Look at when they got rid of McClellen--great coach but something had to change.
Look at Darryl Sutter--brought the Sharks close, was fired and brought the cup to LA soon after.
How cool would it be if the Sharks and Leafs met in the finals this year? Well cool for me.