View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #174
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30inthe6ix View Post
I thought like this too originally, but it's not stupid at all. Demar would've opted out of his deal a year later for more money anyway. If Kawhi wants to leave after this season, we can sign-and-trade his ass to LA, with the hope that MAYBE they'd be willing to part with a Brandon Ingram-type dude to make it happen. Once Lowry's contract is up the year after, Toronto currently only has Norman Powell on it's books - which means incredible cap flexibility. If Kawhi decides to stay, Toronto still should have all kinds of cap space to bring in talent to surround the guy. I'm hearing Kevin Love or Jimmy Butler as possible trade targets at the moment.

While I'm as disappointed as anyone that we gave up Demar, the value we gave up relative to what we got (potential top 5 player) makes it a no-brainer whether Kawhi decides to leave or not.
Hmmm, that makes a little more sense at least. Just crazy, there is no loyalty in sports anymore, from players or organizations. I get that it's a business at the end of the day, but man....

Y'all better build Demar a statue or something at least
Appreciate 0