BMW-ALPINA
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50, F11 M550d, E70 X5

Garage List
2009 730dA  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
LOVE THIS! I too have been wanting to do the headliner. Could you post the part numbers for what exists and then what parts don't. I'm guessing you had to spray at least a few pieces black.

What was your total cost for the headliner swap?
Yes, I will find the part numbers and post it. The only thing I had to paint was the plastic on the sun visor and the sun visor/upholstery for the sunroof. All other parts are genuin BMW/MINI-parts in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
For the passenger rearview mirror, was it just swapping the glass? Did anything need to be programmed or added?

I'm waiting for delivery for 2019 S, after seeing this thread I'm seriously thinking I should buy instead of leasing it so I could do these mods.

Was this the part number of your pedal set? 35-00-0-410-100
What was the part number of the center caps? Are those genuine BMW or aftermarket?
You should definitely buy it instead of lease, so you can do cool stuff like this.

Auto dim mirrors communicate on LIN-bus, so if you only swap the glass, then you have to make an Y-connection and a new plug inside the mirror and wire it to the mirror glass. The easiest way is to go for a complete mirror with glass from 2014/2015/2016 i3, then its just plug and play since the LIN is going to the glass on these MYs.

You have to go for the manual-version, so the part number ends on 099 instead of 100. You have to go for the manual version because 1) the brake pedal are the same size as manual pedals and 2) the accelerator for i3 does not have kick-down (the manual does not have kick-down).
Appreciate 1
TimeFor179.50