Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
LOL......if you have to ask that question then you will not get it. But I will make an attempt anyways.

Anybody that has driven a F10 vs E60 back to back can tell you that the E60 was more of a drivers car. The E39 5 series was also a fantastic drivers car. The new F10 feels like a luxury boat that was designed to bring in Lexus, Audi and MB buyers in Chinese home market. The car has a steering feel that is terrible. Funny thing is the brand new F10 lost to all the cars in a head to head comparison when it first came out that an a E60 had beat just few months ago in a head to head comparison. How do you go from a comparo winning car to one that comes in last.

Ditto goes for the new F30 vs E90/E46 the F30 was deisgned to be softer core with lack of steering feel and overall softer demeanor with cheaper harder interior plastics. The car was once again designed to target Lexus, Audi, and MB customers in Chinese market as they prefer softer core, larger sized cars. They prefer to be driven then drive.

So with stringent fuel laws and enticing Chinese market the BMW motto went from "Driving Dynamics" to "Efficient Dynamics".

Ok, I am going to stop explaining because I just realized that you will not get it as you are an owner of F30. The BMW sure knew what they were doing target locked on and mission accomplished.

I don't know what I am saying before the F30 crowds goes crazy again and attacks me. Hey F30 is the best sports sedan BMW has or ever could make.

By the way I am not against i8 and like the concept. I just don't care for the price or the lack of angel eyes.
LOL I hear what you're saying about the F10 and F30 and understand some of your frustrations, but in my situation, if you compare the E90 320i to the F30 320i, it is an improvement of gargantuan proportions! Maybe not so much with the 335i. The performance of E90 320i was pretty much non-existent (it was seriously that bad) and to me, the F30 trumps it in every single way. Handling included. It's true that it is a little softer than my E90 but that's mostly because I had the M-sport suspension as opposed to having the standard one now.

About the efficient dynamics part, I think that it's great how much efficiency has increased while increasing performance levels too. Again, this largely applies to my E90 and F30. I'm getting MUCH better fuel efficiency in my F30 than the E90. It's astounding.

Okay I'll stop trying to sell the F30 to you now hahahaha
Appreciate 0