View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #63
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

Going through the same thing and commented in the other cord-cutting thread. PS Vue seemed to be the best "cable replacement" for our needs. I'm in the same "evaluation" phase. In fact, we were still unsure after the 5-day free trial so I paid for a month to use side-by-side with cable so we could be sure about whatever decision we end up making.

As I mentioned in that thread, the savings isn't huge, $30, maybe $40/month. But... the savings could increase because I could add cheap "sticks" or boxes to additional TVs without incurring the $10/month fee from Comcast.

Also, as I indicated in the other thread, the Amazon Fire box does a better job streaming Plex than the app built-in to at least one of the Smart TVs. I have noticed that the frame rate over Vue seems to momentarily drop every now and again. The picture doesn't completely freeze and buffer but... the frame-rate just seems to drop for a few seconds then it returns to normal. Not a huge deal and over the next month, we'll see how much of a problem it is.

Lastly, in the same boat as some of you... Getting my wife to like/use it. The kids, no problem. They pick that stuff up quickly. Because of the way you find, surf, use the guide, etc. is different than Xfinity X1... she's not "adapting" so well.

We'll see... For us... it's not just the money. After paying more for "unbundled" internet, it's only $30 or $40 savings but... that's pizza on movie night or something, right? It's also the "single-source", one box, simplicity and the addition of some features, like being able to use Alexa, better Plex performance and a few other things.
Appreciate 0