View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 05:18 PM   #12
BigT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: I12 i8 Coupe / I01 i3 120Ah

Your view of the (missing) feeling of rawness, in my opinion, sums up the matter with the i8. Because it really doesn't feel raw in any way, and because I'm not looking for rawness neither as a feeling for myself nor as an expression to impress or share with others, I'm probably so happy with it.

What the car, on the other hand, conveys like no other is what Thomas from Autogefuehl describes as ‚effortless’. I just experienced that again on my trip to Berlin yesterday. No matter how many construction sites sometimes forced me to slow down to 40 and then to speed up again to 120 and more, it happened with a feeling that felt so extremely effortless that the head whizzing that I used to have after six or seven hours of driving with this one car no longer occurs in the slightest. That is probably 1: 1 the effect that is expressed in these harmonic measurement curves and this is for me a very interesting psychological finding.

I think you are right: anyone who loves or needs the impression of rawness is better off buying something else. But those who perceive and appreciate this different quality as a more adult or modern feeling will be or remain happy with the i8. Like so much in life, it's just a matter of style and taste.

Spending time and money to achieve a more raw feeling with the i8 is therefore obviously useless and this finding saves probably some folks from an expensive disappointing experience.
Appreciate 0